Friday, November 25, 2011

First Thanksgiving in Baltimore


  I finally have time off.
 My second whole weekend off since July. 
 A few days where I don’t have to wake up with an alarm clock after four or five hours of sleep.  Of course, my eyes flap wide open at 5:45 out of sheer habit but it’s nice to know I can go back to sleep.
  I thought I’d drive up to Connecticut for the break but I’ve just had too little sleep and too little slowing down time in general that I decided that this was precisely what I was going to do.
  Sleep. Read a book from beginning to end. Have no sense of urgency whatsoever. Go out to meet friends whenever. Eat more than a couple of bites on the run for a change.
  It’s been lovely, the whole first day of that ; )!
  Here are some pics from Thanksgiving. Clare, my lovely Irish co-fellow and I went for a walk around Fell’s Point and then later we all met up at David and Courtney’s for a lovely Thanksgiving dinner that they pulled together. Inspite of the fact that they both worked 10-14 days without a break right into Thanksgiving. Just saying that you’re never too busy to show love. If you really want to. Just saying.
 Hope you all had a blessed time to remember all the good things in your lives!
One of the many quaint Fell's Point buildings.


Lovely Clare trying to look for a coffee shop open on Thanksgiving.  Outside Blue Moon Cafe which was shut inspite of promising to be open on Thanksgiving :)!



Baltimore's redeeming point for me. It's proximity to the water.

A future destination for sure!

At Dave and Courtney's

Their adorable dog Pepper.



The hospitable Keckichs


Such a pretty rustic house
Apple pie courtesy Dave

The succulent bird

Food and wine always make for great conversation. 





Dave shoulda been a surgeon



The tolerated single guy

Carnage

The fabulous Irish
When I can I'm definitely getting a dog!

Clare's picture of Patrick...very GQ Clare :)!



2 comments:

  1. John,

    Sarah was making names cards to put by everyone's plates for dinner and she made one for you. :) You were definitely missed up here but we're glad you had a good relaxing time. Thanks for posting, so we can stay updated. Enjoy the rest of your break.

    Brother Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caleb,
    I thought at many points yesterday how this was the first Thanksgiving in the last three years that I didn't come to your family's house! Tell Sarah I'm grateful that she made me a place card :)! Love to you all, my family!
    John

    ReplyDelete